Softball season is fast approaching

Madison Reynolds, Staff Writer

Although it is just now winter break, softball season is soon to be coming. Open gyms begin in January through March when tryouts begin. Many of the girls practice on their own time during the off season. They practice batting in the batting cages, pitching, catching, or just improving on their dynamics. The girls are excited for the season and seem well prepared. The seniors are especially excited but also quite sad that their high school softball career is ending. Supposedly, many of the incoming freshman and even some upper classmen are thinking of joining the team this year to add onto this ambitious team.

Softball season takes place in the spring. Tryouts are held early in March and the first game is set to be against Lanphier on March 21st at home. The girls predict a win, but no one will officially know the outcome until the girls see how the team will be set up and who will be placed where. Since the positions have been consistent with the same people, besides last year’s seniors, the girls have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Although the girls team is not the best of the best, the girls all seem to have such a close bond with each other. The team seems to be close and able to get along with each other. There is little to no drama on the team, and the coaches and players have a great relationship and make the most out of the season.