The student news site of Jacksonville High School
  • "The future belongs to those who prepare for it today." --Malcolm X

  • Congratulations, Ms. Pandya! YOU make a difference at JHS!

  • Homecoming 2016: Go for the Gold, Crimsons!


Election of 2016

Austin Hale, Staff Writer

When the Election of 2016 ends in November, there is a 68.5% chance that Hillary Clinton will win the Election. But that leaves Donald Trump with a 31.5% chance to win in...  Read More »

October 3, 2016

  • Homecoming Contest: Day Five/Poster Ten (Wednesday, 9/28) September 28, 2016
  • Homecoming Contest: Day Five/Poster Nine (Wednesday, 9/28) September 28, 2016
  • ACT vs SAT September 27, 2016

View All »

Crimsons of JHS

Meet the members of the JHS Homecoming court

Abby Mitchell, Staff Writer

Homecoming is an exciting time for everyone throughout the JHS community, but it is an especially special time for those elected to the Homecoming court. This year’s Homecoming court was announced the Friday prior to...  Read More »

October 3, 2016

From Northern Italy to North America

September 27, 2016

Rich McCoy: Returning to the classroom

September 16, 2016

Amy Ross: A rookie to JHS

May 20, 2016

View All »

A & E

Hamilton steals the show

Molly Jackson, staff writer

This summer’s 70th annual Tony awards at the Beacon Theatre brought a multitude of showstopping dance numbers and moving songs. James Corden, the host, began the show with h...  Read More »

September 27, 2016

  • Video games and human behavior September 22, 2016
  • The death of Prince May 23, 2016
  • The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist May 23, 2016

View All »


One Last Ride

Joe Brannan, Staff Writer

As this will be my last article as a member of the staff for the Crimson J, I want to revisit some the work I’ve done over the last three school years.  I have written 83 ...  Read More »

May 23, 2016

Advice from a Graduate

Megan Evans, Staff Writer

As a high school student, I have learned many lessons and faced many challenges. I have grown tremendously as a person since my freshmen year, and I am proud of the things...  Read More »

May 23, 2016

  • My 10 emotions before graduation May 23, 2016
  • Thank you, Teachers May 23, 2016
  • Recital time May 20, 2016

View All »


JHS swim takes a new wave

Madison Reynolds, Staff Writer

JHS swim is not well known unless you know someone associated with the team. Without a lot of people knowing about the team, it usually does not have that many swimmers. This...  Read More »

October 3, 2016

  • Second Take: Is Jay Cutler the worst QB in the NFL? September 28, 2016
  • Undercover nerds starring on the field and the stage September 27, 2016
  • Roll Gators roll September 22, 2016

View All »

Student Life

Ready, set, DECA!

Abby Mitchell, Staff Writer

Last year kicked off the start of DECA at Jacksonville High School. When most people hear about DECA, they question what the club entails. DECA is a worldwide club for bo...  Read More »

September 27, 2016

Making the music of Russian composers come to life

Mary Rose Prewitt, Staff Writer

It's amazing how one thing can bring so many people together. At JHS this activity is marching band, a group of approximately 80 kids, who put hundreds of hours into a show...  Read More »

September 23, 2016

  • Back to school means Homecoming September 22, 2016
  • Math + Art = Happy JHS Halls May 23, 2016
  • ASL Sign Battle May 20, 2016

View All »

Senior Spotlight

Senior Superlatives: Class of 2016

Most Athletic Joe Brannan Olivia Kaufmann Most Artistic Bryce Grable Genna Fanning Musical Austin Oberg Megan Heitbrink In...  Read More »

May 23, 2016

Outstanding Senior Award Winners: Class of 2016

May 20, 2016

Dustin Huff: Class of 2016

May 20, 2016

Carlie Day: Class of 2016

May 19, 2016

View All »

The student news site of Jacksonville High School
The student news site of Jacksonville High School