My 10 emotions before graduation

Kassidi Welch, Staff Writer

GLAD : Throughout my high school years, the one thing I’ve looked forward to and have planned for is life after graduation. It’s crazy to think that I’ll be graduating in a couple of weeks, but I sure am happy that I don’t ever have to come back to high school.

RAD : What isn’t rad about taking that giant step into adult life? Bills. Major responsibilities. College. Well, not everything about graduating is that rad, but I am personally ready for what life has to throw at me. College in Florida is going to be the best thing for me, considering I’ve done nothing but plan my whole life around it.

ACCEPTANCE : Going from something so familiar because you’ve done the same thing every day for years to something completely foreign is something that you have to mentally get prepared for. It’s taken me awhile, but I’ve accepted the fact and I’m ready for this great new chapter in life revolving around new experiences, new people, and a new life.

DELIGHT : It’s nice to know that I’ve accomplished something so great that I get to walk in front of thousands of people who may get to see me trip or even fall to grab my diploma.

UNKNOWN : Although I am very excited for my new beginnings, it’s hard not to still wonder about what’s unknown for me. I won’t know a single person in college. I’ll be my own guardian. There’s always some unexpected expense. What if I can’t afford it? It’s easy to be excited, but there is always that worry in the back of my mind.

ANXIOUS : IT’S GRADUATION AND NEXT COMES COLLEGE! Who isn’t a little anxious…?

TEMPORARY : Graduation will be everyone’s very last time seeing the class they’ve gone to school with for the past six or even more years. Not all of us know each other that well, but at graduation I want to make it a time to remember not only because I’m graduating but because we’ll all be in one building together for the last time.

IMPORTANT : There is not one thing that isn’t important about graduation. I’m most worried about how I am going to decorate my cap.. The struggle is real.

OPTIMISTIC : I have done nothing but push myself forward to get where I am today, and I will continue to believe in myself to make my life after high school even more successful.

NERVOUS : Because what if I fall walking across the stage or somehow get out of line.