Enjoy the end of the year activities

Molly Jackson, Staff Writer

As we come near to the end of the year, Jacksonville High School students have a few things to look forward to. Prom is quickly approaching for the upperclassmen on May 6. This year’s theme is Midnight in Morocco and has the prom committee busy with finalizing plans. Recently, the prom spirit week days have been announced. Students will dress up on Monday as Dynamic Duos, Tuesday as Tacky Tourists, Wednesday as Cartoon Characters, Thursday as Heroes vs. Villains, and to wrap up the week is Aloha Friday. On Saturday the dance will be held at Hamilton’s from 8-11 p.m. After the dance, students can head back to JHS for Post Prom, where games and other exciting events will be held from 12-5 a.m. There will be inflatable activities such as Radical Rush Adrenaline Challenge, sumo wrestling suits, and a velcro wall, and games such as Human Foosball, Glow in the Dark Dodgeball, Relay Races, a Scavenger Hunt, and Cash Cab. Aside from prom, Jacksonville High School seniors have their Senior Trip and Love Feast to look forward to. The Senior Trip is the day before prom, May 5, and the students will be travelling to Six Flags for a day of fun with their classmates. Love Feast will take place at Hamilton’s on Wednesday, May 10. Here seniors will receive awards such as Class Clown, Most Unique Style, or Best Couple. Also, the upperclassmen aren’t the only ones with fun events to go to. Any student can still attend our sporting events and support the Girls’ Soccer Team, the Girls’ Softball Team, the Boys’ Baseball Team, the Boys’ Tennis Team, or the Track Team. Finally, the ultimate thing that everyone is looking forward to, teachers as well, is summer and graduation. Before that can be reached, sadly, are final exams, for which the schedule has just been announced. Once students complete that obstacle, they can finally relax and start their summer. For the seniors, Baccalaureate is May 25 at Rammelkamp Chapel and Graduation is May 26 at The Bowl. In these last few weeks students should make the most out of the 2016-17 school year and participate in as many events as they can. Have fun!