The Sara’s Studio of Dance Fall Show 2K16

Anna Bezler, Staff Writer

The Sara’s Studio of Dance’s annual Company Fall Show is finally here! This weekend Saturday, November 19 at 7:00p.m. and Sunday, November 20 at 2:00 p.m., the Sara’s dancers will take the stage.  For the past few months, the dancers have been working hard to learn and perfect dances they are performing at this show. These dances are choreographed by guest choreographers, Sara Roegge (the studio owner), Sara’s Studio alumni, and even students themselves. It will be a show that you will not want to miss!

The Company Show consists of about 45 dances of all ages. This show is different from the spring recital because this show is only performed by the dance company girls. The dance company girls are dancers that put in extra time to be at the studio and work very hard to be as good as they can be. The dances performed on stage will be competition dances (dances that the girls travel and compete with) and regular company dances. This show is very special because students themselves get the opportunity to put their work and creativity on the stage.  That can be very nerve racking because dancing is one thing, but dancing the dance that you made up takes it to a whole new level. Sara Roegge has been getting the girls ready to perform every day. She spends hours upon hours every day making sure the dancers are doing what she knows they can do. The dancers couldn’t do it without her!

The girls themselves have one very busy weekend ahead of them. Weeks prior to the show, the girls have been putting rhinestones on costumes and going to dance every week to practice these dances. This weekend begins at noon on Saturday. All the dancers must come with all of their costumes to the JHS auditorium with full hair and makeup done. They will then run the whole show top to bottom on the stage to make sure everything goes smoothly. This rehearsal will last till around 6 p.m. They will have to be back ready for the show to begin at 7:00 that night. On Sunday they will perform the whole thing again. It is a very stressful weekend, but getting to do what you love in front of those you love makes it all worth it. This year’s Fall Show will be one for the books!