Sara’s prepares for 19th annual Company Show

Claire Van Aken, Staff Writer

Every November, dancers from Sara’s Studio of Dance are preparing for their annual Dance Company Showcase. This event gives the students at Sara’s an opportunity to choreograph their own routines and show their talent. The company consists of dancers who train in ballet, pointe, tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, and contemporary classes. They are dedicated enough to spend three hours or more of their time at the studio every week.

This year marks studio owner/instructor Sara Roegge’s 19th annual Company Show and 25th anniversary of the grand opening of Sara’s Studio of Dance. Roegge said, “I feel like we are ready for the show! The girls have worked so hard. I am really proud of them.” Sophomore Amelia Symons says, “The nerves will all go away once we all get on the stage this weekend, but right now I’m anxious.”

This year’s show consists of 22 student choreographed dances and 27 dances that the competition team will be performing year round at regional competitions. Many guest choreographers such as Brandi Tucker, Skylee Trimble, and JHS alumni Emilie and Lauren Bezler are featured this year. The girls have been learning their routines and preparing for their audiences since the end of July this year and couldn’t be more excited to show their awesome dances.

Sara’s Company Show is November 16, 2018 at 7pm and November 17, 2018 at 2pm at the Jacksonville High School auditorium. The tickets have sold fast but can be purchased online on Sara’s Studio of Dance Facebook page or use their website www.sarasstudioofdance.com. Tickets are also being sold at the door. You won’t want to miss this incredible show with these talented young ladies!