Jacksonville High School students enjoy their 2019 Homecoming

Bailey Campbell, Staff Writer

Jacksonville High School’s Homecoming week and activities have always been a way to bring all the students together. Homecoming week consists of different themes for the days of the week. For the students of JHS, the week included Pajama Day Monday, Tropical Tuesday, Class Color Day Wednesday, Jersey Day Thursday, and Red Out Friday. A large number of students participated and took a picture each lunch period to show their love and devotion for JHS and its festivities in photos to last forever. 

The Senior Girls’ Overnight here at Jacksonville High School had a lot of girls participating and hanging up decorations for Homecoming week. The girls did a delightful job with the decorations and there was much out-of the-box thinking. Great job, Seniors! The JHS Crimson football team took a loss to Glenwood Chatham on Sept 27, with the score 55-16. The boys tried their best and put in a lot of hard work but just couldn’t completely pull through. But, they tried and that’s what matters.

On September 28, 2019 , the Homecoming dance was finally here. Most, if not all, students got dressed up and had a blast at Homecoming. The music was good as well as the drinks, and all the students had fun dancing with their friends and/or dates. The Homecoming queen of 2019 was Serenity Anders, a smart, funny, and athletic girl who plays soccer and tennis for JHS, and who definitely deserved the title. The Homecoming king was none other than Wil Tomhave. He is a nice and athletic student who plays football and participates in field events in track. Congratulations to both. After being announced, they happily danced the night away with their friends and peers until the dance was over. JHS’s homecoming of 2019 was definitely one for the books.