Morgan-Scott CEO class event with CEO of Rent Like a Champion Michael Doyle

Abby Mitchell, Staff Writer

Last Wednesday February 15, 2017, the Morgan-Scott CEO class held a luncheon with special guest Mike Doyle. The Morgan-Scott CEO class is made up of a group of 14 students from throughout Morgan and Scott counties. Students attend the class Monday through Friday and are able to meet with business individuals throughout the community as well as create both a class and an individual business.

The class business event was organized completely by CEO students. From October of 2016 through the date of the event, the students worked to find a speaker, book a venue, and face many first time challenges. Each student was involved in the ticket selling process and all together they sold over 150 tickets to individuals throughout the community.

The event was structured around the CEO of Rent Like a Champion, Michael Doyle. Michael Doyle is both a Routt and Notre Dame alum who sponsored the event by speaking at no charge. With help from his business partners, Doyle created the business soon after graduating from Notre Dame. The event consisted of a lunch, a showing of Michael’s Shark Tank experience as well as the update from 2016, and Michael Doyle speaking to the audience. He spoke of his experience with Shark Tank and his investors, Mark Cuban and Chris Sacca, what drove him to become an entrepreneur, and what his company was all about.

The event was a large success for the class, making over $4,000. Students will now split the profits of the event in order to fund their very own individual businesses. A trade show for the students’ individual businesses will be held in early May at Hamilton’s.