Dress the best during Homecoming week

Madison Reynolds, Staff Writer

Homecoming is one of the most festive times of the school year. Many of the students participate in spirit week or if you’re a senior girl, senior girls’ overnight. This year, spirit week consisted of ‘Murica Monday, Twin Tuesday. Class Color Day, Jersey Day, and Crimson Pride Day. Many people participated in spirit week. Some did every single day, whereas others did a few of the days.

The senior girls did a fantastic job decorating! In fact, many of the decorations are still up the week after Homecoming. Many of the decorations were themed for the Olympics because the theme of Homecoming was “Go for the Gold.” There were Olympics medals–bronze, silver, and gold. They also put up many red, white, and blue streamers and the colors of the Olympic rings. Many places such as the cafeteria and the main hallways had the Olympic rings.

The spirit wear, on the other hand, made the entire week even better. From a junior’s point of view, many of the juniors and seniors did the most dressing up compared to the sophomores and freshman, who weren’t as into it, but they still were very active in spirit week. Avery Dugan, from the JHS football team, thought that all the classes went all out and that the junior class definitely killed it. It was a fun week for everyone. Abby Scribner also said that the classes did a great job of participating, but the spirit days could have been better and more unique. Some of the spirit days we see each and every year, which can get kind of old. Scribner hopes to see new spirit days for next year and that maybe they will be better so that we can all get really into it.