Senior girls overnight: A night to remember

Niki Patel, Staff Writer

On Friday, September 25, from 10:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., the senior girls worked diligently to decorate the school to exhibit Homecoming school spirit. Entering JHS after the senior girls’ overnight is an exquisite view. The classy entrances to the building add to the Homecoming theme of this year – the Roaring Twenties. Every opening of a hallway welcomes students with colorful streamers. Red and silver strings are dispersed along the corridors. Balloons are tied to doorknobs and hang from the ceiling. Lockers of those who play a fall sport are decorated. Covering the walls are posters with different sayings including: “Beat MacArthur,” “We are kind of a B16 deal,” and “Mighty and mean, so fresh and so clean, we are the class of 2016.” In addition, many girls made posters for their favorite teachers.

When the clock struck 1:30, all the girls rushed in the cafeteria to begin duct taping their names on the walls. Chaos filled the entire room. The thought may seem simple, but in reality, it was challenging to duct tape the names on the walls. The girls were standing on ladders and tables, reaching up to tape their names in a designated spot. With nearly forty–five minutes left of the overnight, the girls were pushing to get things done. Time was ticking away, and the girls were running from place to place attempting to decorate even more with little time remaining.

The senior girls of the class of 2016 did an impressive job decorating the school. The teachers regulating the night were very proud of the girls for all of the effort and dedication they put forth. According to Mrs. Beard, “It was the best senior girls’ overnight from the last several years.” After a tiresome, yet pleasant night, the end result of senior girls’ overnight was a success. For the seniors, this was one memorable event, and many more are expected to come throughout their journey in the last year of high school!