One Last Ride

Joe Brannan, Staff Writer

As this will be my last article as a member of the staff for the Crimson J, I want to revisit some the work I’ve done over the last three school years.  I have written 83 articles during my tenure, focusing on topics such as the St Louis now Los Angeles Rams, Illinois Fighting Illini basketball and football, the St. Louis Cardinals, Russell Westbrook, and the NCAA Tournament.  I have even experimented on topics not necessarily in my world of understanding like Olympic Curling, high school volleyball, and even a few teacher features.  I have done some things during this three years that I never thought I would do.  I co-wrote articles for every game of the 2016 NCAA Tournament with my good friend and co-worker Joe Hall (there were 67), and had to sadly cover the relocation of my beloved Rams.  I’ve written articles for all kinds of championships including Super Bowls, NCAA football National Title games, and NCAA basketball Championship games.  One of my favorite times of the year is the NFL draft.  I have enjoyed previewing draft options for the Rams and then writing about the actual outcomes.  

The three years went by fast, and as I near the end, I feel it necessary to point out the enjoyment I received from writing and publishing for the Crimson J.  Sports are my passion, and writing is yet another way to indulge myself in all things sports related.  Journalism has enriched my abilities to relay information through the written word, and I would not be the writer, learner, speaker or person I am today without it.  I would like to thank my editor and teacher Mrs. Cammie Symons for all the help and guidance given to me.  There’s no way I could have been successful without you.  I thoroughly believe in my heart that every finish line is the beginning of a new race and that I will one day find myself writing yet again.  Thank you to everyone that took the time to read my articles.