Advice from a Graduate

Megan Evans, Staff Writer

As a high school student, I have learned many lessons and faced many challenges. I have grown tremendously as a person since my freshmen year, and I am proud of the things I have accomplished. Although I would not change the person I am today, when I look back on my high school career, there are some moments I wish I would have done things differently. The best way I can imagine to share my experiences and advice is to leave a message for each grade level.

To the freshmen, this year is full of “firsts.” My advice to you is to embrace the excitement of new things, but be careful not to lose yourself. Your morals and beliefs are an important part of who you are, and your real friends will accept you for you.

Secondly, to the sophomores, this year may not contain as many “firsts,” but you still are finding yourself. Sophomore year taught me a lot about true friendship and how to work through some very difficult times. Always remember that starting your morning off with a positive mindset can change your entire day.

Junior year showed me that no relationship is worth losing myself. Also, I learned that sometimes it is important to reach out of your comfort zone. Overall, my biggest lesson in junior year was learning not to judge a person based on his or her looks, how much money he or she has, or how popular he or she is. It is important to see a person for his or her spirit.

Lastly, senior year taught me that life goes by quickly. I feel like just yesterday I was getting advice from seniors, and now I am the one giving it out. Do your best to enjoy each moment and be kind to others.

In conclusion, high school was full of ups and downs, but I enjoyed the ride. My greatest advice to all of the underclassmen is to live in the moment and have fun!