The final semester

Kayla Flowers, Staff Writer

After spending the last four years together, possibly even since kindergarten, it’s the last semester of being together as kids.  After graduation we will all go our separate ways whether it be college or the military or whatever; graduation day could be the last day we see each other forever.  Many people are understandably nervous or anxious to move on to the next chapter of their lives, but I, on the other hand, am incredibly excited.  I’m ready for change and to move on from high school and to get started on that next chapter of life.

As I reflect on the past years here at Jacksonville High School, I have realized that so much can happen in only three and a half years.  Bad things like losing friends but those also lead into good things such as gaining new friends.  Growing up and moving on from losses and changing for the better.  I used to dread the day of graduation, moving on and growing up.  Being independent and away from my mom and her home-cooked meals every day. The future is inevitable and has to be embraced.  Also, I will be attending college here in town so fortunately for me and not so fortunately for my mom, she’s only seven minutes away.

For all the seniors, the growing-up process cannot be avoided no matter what we plan on doing and becoming.  What matters most is how we finish off this final semester of being kids and how we can make it a good one.