Julianne Wilson is in the Spotlight

Amelia Symons, Staff Writer

This week, I sat down with the founder of the Crimson J’s Student Spotlight section, Julianne Wilson. Julianne is a 16-year-old junior at JHS, an avid tennis player, and former dancer of many years. The first question I asked her was, “What is your favorite thing to do during the holidays?” She responded, “Ride four wheelers.” Her grandparents own a farm, so there is plenty of land for activities. Then I asked for a few places that she would love to travel in her lifetime. Her answers were “Bora Bora, Greece, and the Bahamas.” The next few questions were aimed at her future. I asked what she wants her future to look like, including job, housing, and children. She responded, “I would like to live in South Carolina, be a stay-at-home mom, and have six kids.” I also asked what it would look like if she could build and live in her dream home. Her dream home includes a wrap-around porch and a swimming pool in the backyard, and it would be somewhere out in the country where her horses have space to run wild. Next I asked for any advice she would give to her younger self. She said, “There is a lot that I would tell my younger self: Don’t stay in an extracurricular activity if you don’t like it, do not try so hard in school, and don’t let go of friendships so easily.” I also asked if she was given a time machine to go back into her life to change anything, would she? And if so, what would she change? Her response was that she would not have taken Chemistry class in her sophomore year and would have taken Physical Science instead. She mentioned that there were other things, but that was what stuck out most to her. Lastly, I asked her what her biggest joys are in her life right now, and she responded with, “Hmm… I would say my biggest joys are taking care of the daycare kids, hanging out with my friends, and not doing homework.” Julianne is currently taking applications for a future cowboy husband.